Monday, April 5, 2010

Life Change

I'd never really thought about it before, but this time of year was a time of significant life change for both Isaac and myself.  For me, it was April 4, 2004 that I went to see a co-worker in the Easter play at my church, and one week later began my journey with Jesus.  For Isaac, it was 5 years ago today - April 5, 2005 - that his doctor told him the nagging knee pain was osteosarcoma. 

I was looking back through some messages I'd sent Isaac on Facebook, before we even were dating, and in one I said that I just prayed that: 1) God would continue to show Himself to be faithful to Isaac, and 2) God would do something to remind Isaac that he was not fighting this battle with cancer alone.  I realize looking back, that I think I was the answer to my own prayer!  God took a little over 3 years to bring Isaac and I into each other's lives, but the perparations He made for us to be right for each other began long before that. 

Going through life is like putting together a puzzle without the picture on the box to guide you.  Sometimes, you have no idea what pieces go where, how the pieces all fit together, or what the picture is going to look like in the end.  But, then you find that all those random pieces somehow do fit together to make something unexpectedly perfect. 

1 comment: